Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Day 55 - Bike Hire

Back to work for Scott today. I awoke really early to go to the gym before Scott left for work. It was a slow day as I was tired from our “holiday” in Scotland and waking up early. I eventually got motivated to get out mid-afternoon. We called down to a company that rents bikes on the Thames. So we took the bus down to this place and rented 3 bikes. We rode our bikes to Petersham Lane Playground. We felt like the locals riding our bikes along the path with the cows. Luckily, no cows blocked our way. We stayed at the playground for about 30 minutes and then decided to ride in the park. I told the girls we should ride to Ham Gate and back toward the house. Both thought that was SOOOO far but since we had rented the bikes for 2 hours, we had to kill time. When we got to the Ham Gate six minutes later, Emily couldn’t believe it was that fast. The bike that Ainsley got is the same as Emily’s bike at home. And Emily’s was slightly larger than the one she has at home. Even though the girls were both riding slightly larger bikes than at home, neither had a problem. (Guess we will be heading to Spokes for new bikes when we get back to the states.) Then I had them ride up to where the New Inn is located. Again, they were surprised. I chose a route that I had walked that I knew would eventually get us back to the river. Along the way, we ran into the people who rented bikes just after us. They were lost so they joined us. It started raining so we decided to return the bikes early and go to Tesco for some items we forgot last night. Then off to have dinner and go to bed. For dinner, I have been making some roasted potatoes that Emily has been very interested in. I hope they have similar seasoning packets that I use to make them as they are quite tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment