Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Day 40 – Horseback riding camp and Baskin Robbins part 2

Last week, Ainsley was quite upset that Emily got to go to camp for 4 days but she only had 2 days so I signed her up for another 2 day camp this week. Emily was excited because she then would have some alone time with me since Ainsley had some time alone with me the previous week. So Ainsley went to camp part 2 this week. This week, there were 3 kids in camp – Ainsley and twin 5 year old boys. (Her camp was from ages 5 to 7.) Emily and I stayed for about 10 minutes to watch her lesson, then it was a sprint to the bus to head into Kingston for some ice cream at Baskin Robbins. We ate our ice creams and then decided to head to 99P for some quick, inexpensive purchases. Then it was a quick hop on the bus and we were back at the stables to pick-up Ainsley after her lesson (we only had 1.5 hr unlike Emily’s 2 hours the week before). I decided that I didn’t want them doing anymore lessons because the back and forth was killing me!

Since I was “full-handed,” we headed straight home from the lesson. Since I had

some bottled water in the one bag, I wasn’t anxious to walk any more than I had to. We were surprised that as we walked from the bus stop, we met Scott walking from the car parked in the other direction. He had decided to leave when everyone else left work that day so he was home before 7. So we all got to have dinner together during the week – something that did not happen too often this past summer.

After dinner, it was off to bed for the girls and not too long after for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment