Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Day 50 – Edinburg Part 3/Crieff

So today, we said our goodbyes to Nana & Pop at breakfast. Nana was not feeling so well so they stayed back at the hotel. We went back to the Scottish National Museum and both girls got to do a few new things. Emily stood in line for the race car which was too long on Wednesday. Ainlsey was not tall enough so she and I went to some other activities.


I called the next hotel in Crieff to see if the girls could ride on the horses. Unbeknownst to me, the hotel we stayed in Crieff was similar to the Homestead in VA. There were many activities that we could participate in. So we hurried to get our rental car so that we could be at the hotel for Ainsley’s horseback lesson at 3:30. Unfortunately, at the rental car agency, we realized that we left our booster seats back at the hotel. We luckily navigated back to the hotel quickly, grabbed the seats and headed toward the Crieff Hydro. The rental car was very low in gas so we had to stop to get some gas quickly. However, we could not figure out how to open the gas tank – we spent a good 20 minutes just trying to open it. Since I had been inside getting some snacks, I missed the original search to figure out how to open the gas tank door. After some time, I looked in the car glove compartment and low and behold there was a manual and we were finally able to gas up and head out. Luckily, we did not have any wrong turns and made it to the hotel 15 minutes before Ainsley’s lesson. Scott went with her while Emily & I checked in.


The front desk informed me that they had to give us an upgrade in the room and I really did not think that much about it until we got into the room – or should I say palace. It was HUGE. We could not believe how spacious it was and wished we could stay in this room the rest of our time in London. Alas, it was only for 1 night. Emily & I went to the pool and then when Ainsley and Scott got back, they joined us. We ate dinner in the hotel after the pool and then retired to our rooms – there were 2 with a living room and little family room in the back – for bed. Highly recommend this place if you are in Scotland!

No comments:

Post a Comment