Monday, August 8, 2011

Day 36 – Last day of Horseback Camp and Bowling

Today was Emily’s last day of horseback riding. Ainsley & I dropped her off and quickly ran to the bus to get into Kingston. We booked a bowling appointment so we wanted to get there fast. We got to bowl a little before our appointment and we got 2 games finished in 45 minutes. I gave Ainsley a 50 point handicap and she beat me in both games. She scored a 65 ~ 115 in the first game and then in the second, even though I was hurrying her, she got 10 points higher and got a spare! And came pretty close to a strike and another spare. We quickly ran out and got to the stables just as Emily was finishing up. For Emily’s camp, they each got certificates and Emily got a ribbon because she and her teammate came in 1st place in the quiz at the end. Emily said they got to play a bunch of games on the horses during the lesson and she got to give the horses treats and groom Trigger.


After horseback riding lessons, we went into Kingston and had dinner since we knew Scott would be home late after his Jiu Jitsu class. We decided to go to Tony Romas - a ribs place that I went to in Florida many years ago. It was very good, familiar even though it had been over 10 years since I had been. Emily had her first ribs. Ainsley opted for some penne pasta. The kids meal came with some carrots/celery & dip and dessert. However, the service was a bit slow. But for the first time, I got free refills on my drink. I was almost through my first drink when the waitress showed up with a second diet Pepsi. I guess because it is a US chain, they have free refills. Highly unusual. After the very long meal - just under 2 hours, we went to Sainsbury quickly for some essentials and then off to home for bed. It was the longest we had stayed out by ourselves. We were all exhausted.


No comments:

Post a Comment