Sunday, July 31, 2011

Day 29 – Princess Diana Playground, lunch, tea with work colleague and our luck ran out

I bought a 7-day travel card yesterday knowing it made more financial sense than using my Oyster card on a pay-as you-go. And my boss had told me that my co-workers who were here for sales meetings might be available to meet up today so I figured it would be better to be in the city. We didn’t get as an early start as yesterday, but we made it down there by 1. It was a beautiful day, the first day all week that the sun was out consistently. So our first stop was the Kensington Palace Gardens – home of the Princess Diana Playground, which we had played at in January, well they played, I shivered. Given that most of our playground trips have been quite desolate, I foolishly brought my computer thinking I could do some work while they played and I'd be able to see them easily. Wrong - it was PACKED. I couldn’t do anything because there were so many kids there. And so many parents just sitting on blankets on the sides. Our intentions were to head back to Regents Park and onto Madame Tousseads, but I received a text from one of my co-workers that he was in Earl’s Court. So the girls and I headed to Earl’s Court where we got to meet up and have some tea near the station. I was surprised that he was not flying out but he was visiting with friends in the city which is why he was still around. It was nice. We actually had never really talked that much at work about anything not work related. Then he left and the girls and I had some muffins before we took the underground back out of the city. We knew Scott wouldn’t be home until late since he was going to his Jiu Jitsu class after work.

At 9:30 we got the call. It was Scott. He was standing outside his car which had been broken into and his laptop was stolen – along with his wallet. And unlike me with my cell phone, chances were pretty good that this stuff was not going to be returned. He went to call the police and the rental car agency. Then he headed to the airport to swap out the car. Shockingly, the robber did not steal the booster seats. Not a good start to our 5th week.

No comments:

Post a Comment