Thursday, July 28, 2011

Day 24 – Harry Potter


So the highlight of our day happened later in the day so we just hung out in the house in the morning/afternoon. Got TWO whole loads of laudrey done which was quite an accomplishment if you could see my machine – you need a magnifying glass:-). Scott joined a bike riding club so he went for a round trip bike ride out to Windsor castle that left at 9. He said he would be back around 12 based on the mileage but he didn’t show until 1. The excuse – the riding team stopped for tea and cakes at both the middle of the ride (right outside Windsor Castle) and at the end of the ride (Richmond Park). He said it was a beautiful ride and maybe we could follow him out one day and have a picnic or meet for tea & cake. Unfortunately, that would require me to drive and I have yet to do that. Last time I sat behind a driver’s wheel was over 3 weeks ago. So I am not sure that will actually happen.

But then as it got closer to 5:15, the girls started getting more and more excited. We were going to see Harry Potter at the cinema up in Kingston. It was an IMAX theater in 3-D. It was very good. I won’t give away any secrets. But at the end, it was sad for me. Not because of the plot but just that it was over. All week, we have been watching interviews with the cast – wait to you see Neville. And it was all over. No more books, no more movies. There is a special next week on tv of the 20 best scenes in all of the movies (save this one probably). It is just sad that it is all over. It was such a good story line, one we have thoroughly enjoyed for the past year and ½.

Then we went to grab some food to make for dinner and the grocery stores were all closed. I couldn’t believe it. I found out that on Sunday’s they close at 17:00 – 5pm. I guess that is what it was like with the blue laws but it through us for a loop. Then we swung by the pub and unfortunately they stop serving at 8. So we went home and I was able to scrounge up a hodge-podge for dinner and then it was off to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment